Sunday, April 4, 2010

Bring back the play bar

Hi

I'm a relatively new user.

I was going to insert my CP4 SWF file into Presnter and for that reason removed the play bar at the beginning of creating my project.

The slide properties were:

On slide enter:?Assign

Assign: cpCmndShowPlaybar

with: 0 (for off)

On slide exit: Go to next slide

Worked a treat.

However this is daft when you need to publish and review and want to go back to a particular slide becuase you see it needs editing.?Without the play bar you're up the creek without a paddle unless you've got a photographic memory for what the slide was so you can find it in the project.

So what I did is go to the Slide Properties and change to:

On slide enter:?Continue

On slide exist:?Go to next slide

And I applied all changed properties to slides of the same type (I've got some slides that require a button to be clicked before it advances to the next or jumps to a particular slide).

However, on publishing I do not get the play bar.

I've checked the Project Skin and it's selected to show the play bar.

Before applying the change to all slides of the same time I had manually changed the first four or five.?Those four or five give me the play bar then the remainder of the sliders are without the playbar, despite them all saying now to Continue.

I'm using CP4.

Can someone figure out what key step I'm missing.?It makes no sense to me.

thanks

Anita

Bring back the play bar

Hi,

Did you go back to the same slide and change the properties? I assume that you changed slide properties of another slide to 'on enter = continue' and did an 'apply to all'.

Please go to the same slide (I assume it to be the first slide) and change the 'on enter' action to continue. It must work.

Thanks,

Thejas

Bring back the play bar

Hi Anita

If you are previewing from inside Captivate, it offers its own playback controls. So if you are previewing and testing in that mode (by pressing F4 or clicking Preview %26gt; Project) you may use this playbar. Another thing to note. If you see a slide in this view that needs editing, there is a handy ''Edit'' button you may click to edit the slide being viewed.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Thanks Rick

I was publishing and viewing in the browser.

I've used the F4 functionality from time to time, as I was first creating, but not to view the (close to) finished demo.

I don't recall seeing the Edit button, just the Close button at the same place you've highlighted.?And yep, I'd seen those controls on the right hand side.

It's Saturday here now where I'm from so I'll do this on Monday. I expect your steps will work.?However we've decided to no longer insert the finished SWF file into Presenter, but upload it as content direct to Connect Pro.?So in the end I need the play bar in the Captivate file for the user to navigate.

I had changed the slide properties on the first slide, but then I added two buttons to that slide so the slide properties are on Success.?Both buttons jump to a particular slide number.?Those slides have the play bar (they were to jump to slide 2 and slide 3 (slide 2 is a duplicate of slide 1 without the audio - basically a replay of the first slide.?Slide 2 is a continuation of the demo).

The first slide that has no internal slide navigation settings is showing to Continue.?It has the playbar.?The next one also is fine - I manually changed these before I applied the changed properties to all slides of the same type (which was the next slide in my project).?It's from there on that the playbar disappears.

All slides of the same type show the correct (changed) properties, yet no play bar appears when I view in the browser after saving the project and then publishing.

Cheers

Anita

Hi Thejas

Thanks for replying.

Yes I changed the slide properties on the first slide that had no button navigation.?I manually applied the changed setting for the first couple of slides that had no button navigation and they work.?The next slide (I think about slide 4 or 5) I applied the change properties to all slides of the same type (some of my slides have button navigation).

The slide properites on those slides of the same type show they've been correctly changed but they do not have the play bar.

Cheers

Anita

1 comment:

  1. Snappa's drag-and-drop editor, it’s quick and easy to create your own graphics for blog posts, social media profiles and ads. The tool provides access to more than half a million free stock photos, 70,000+ vectors and shapes, and 200+ fonts. It's free to download up to 5 files per month, or $10 a month for unlimited downloads.

    ReplyDelete