Friday, April 2, 2010

customer unable to view my pdf...

I created an pdf form in Adobe9.?everybody can view it except one of my clients users.

SEE attached image.
address http://www.financialcounsellors.org
select FORM from menu, then the Hugs Application form. I even made it backwards compatable to version 6.?Every body can still see it except this one guy.

He works in a large office enviroment with a big IT section?but on his office computer he is unable to open the pdf file. I have just spoken with him and he tells me of all the pdf's on the forms page he can only open ONE (the water assist pdf) he just happens to be the area manager so it pretty important I get this problem solved.

I sugested he upgrade to Adobe reader 9?but that did not work for him.

Thats about as much history on this matter I can think of.

The big question is, given the facts above WHY IS HE UNABLE TO OPEN THE PDF ?

very urgent need to solve this problem yesterday.

TIA

customer unable to view my pdf...

What message does he get when he is unable to open it??From the info you've given it could just as likely be a browser/website compatibility problem, if however it is trying to open and displaying an error message in Reader that's another story.

customer unable to view my pdf...

Strange that he can not open the file at all. I did notice that you have it at AA6 comptible, but you failed to insert ANY fonts in the file. Try going back and seeing if embedding ALL of the fonts makes a difference. I opened the file in AA7 and it opened fine. You did not indicate what version of Acrobat or Reader the user is using. If he has Acrobat, adding Reader 9 is not a good idea and is not recommended. If he is having the problems you descibe, you are likely encouraging him to make the problem worse.

Can he open the file if you uses the file menu in his Acrobat or Reader?

Steve

Attached is a pdf copy of the error message.

It's Internet Explorer having the problem, so doesn't look like it's anything to do with Acrobat or Reader, the problem is that he can't download it in the first place.?Talk to the person responsible for putting your PDFs on the website...

Bill

This is the response I got from the client;

'' The pdf file (Abode Acrobat) opens in Adobe Reader''

I will alter the backward compatability fron v6 to v7 to see if that will make a differance.

You said;

If he has Acrobat, adding Reader 9 is not a good idea and is not recommended. (but it opens in Reader automatically)

It looks a though his IT have put Acrobat and reader on his computer.

How do I go back and?embedding ALL of the fonts , I'm new to this and dont?know

where to find the function that will do that ?

Just spoken to client again for more clarity and it appears that when they select the LINK on the menu bar they get the error message

and yet earler they advised the pdf file would not open.

Have just spoken with client again a few min ago?They are running internet Explorer 6?( It seems we are moving off topic )?would that cause a problem with IE6 not recognising an Acrobat 9 pdf link and it throws back the error message ? I'm running IE7 in winxp

In Internet Explorer, Tools%26gt;Internet Options%26gt;Advanced Tab make sure do not save encrypted pages to disk is unticked.

No comments:

Post a Comment