Friday, April 2, 2010

Show picture on mouse over

I have a map which I want to show pictures in different areas when the mouse roll over the map. Example; a map of the state of Florida and when you roll over on central Florida a picture of Disney World popup and when you roll out the picture disappear. I’m using Dreamweaver CS3 if there any preset in the application to do it, please help me to find it.

I want to make clear that I don’t want to make a new window on top of the map, just the image on rollover action without change my original image (the map). I have try many scripts and behaviors, without results.

Thank you all

Pedjazz50

Show picture on mouse over

Create your alternate image then Dreamweaver/Insert/Image Objects/Rollover Image

You may have to slice up your map in combination of DW rollover image to get the effect you'd like. Alternatively you could use something like boxover to have an image appear in a tooltip-like box. I don't know if that's what you were trying to make clear that you didn't want, but it's another possibility of achieving your effect.

Show picture on mouse over

Thank you for your answer, what I want to do is more like a tooltip box over different areas of the map showing pictures on rollover.

I used to have various “hotspots” with url links on the map, but now I want to make those “hotspots” in tooltip boxes with a small picture showing on mouse over. I have tried a couple scripts for Tooltip box but didn’t work. If there is any preset action or behavior in DW to get that effect?

These are often recommended:

TOOLTIPS

http://boxover.swazz.org/example.html  - tooltip link

http://www.walterzorn.com/tooltip/tooltip_e.htm  tooltip link

Thank you, this is very helpful, I think that I’m getting there, however I still having problems inserting the scripts. Now is a matter of develop my scripting skills more than resources to do it. I guess

  • concealer makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment