Sunday, April 4, 2010

override default settings for pdf...

How do I make a pdf that will override the Acrobat Reader default settings. So that when a user opens the pdf in Reader it is initally shown as 2up (two page spread) (full screen mode) instead of single page.

override default settings for pdf...

Go to Document Properties (Command+D) and then the Initial view tab.

Choose your desired setting in the Page Layout combo box.

Save your PDF and reopen it to see the result.

Torben.

override default settings for pdf...

Attached is a image of the settings in that box.

Am I missing something?

This does not override the default settings in Reader in full screen mode. It always goes to single page.

Thanks for your help

Instead of using Two Up (Cover Page) select Two Up (Continuous).

Instead of using Two Up (Cover Page) select Two Up (Continuous).

I tried continuous, both cover and facing, it makes no difference, the doc opens in single page.

The default setting in Reader is single page?(see attached image) .

Most of my viewers can barely open a file, much less know how or care to change any defaults.

I think maybe what I am looking for is a way to override ALL the preferences in Reader so that the viewer sees the pdf the way I set it up in Pro.

Well, something is not right!

You should make these settings:

And then save the file.

If you still have a problem, please post your pdf here, and I'll give it a try.

When you set these settings, the viewer will see it like this!!!

Torben.

I need ''two up (cover)'' not (facing), because it jumbles the pagination. c1 and c4 should be seen as single pages, and the rest of the doc should be spreads. However, regardles of which setting I choose it still opens in............Full Screen, Single page, in Reader.

see attached. sample

It appears that you won't be able to use the Full Screen mode.

I need ''two up (cover)'' not (facing), because it jumbles the pagination. c1 and c4 should be seen as single pages, and the rest of the doc should be spreads.

I think it does make sense that it would show in ''book'' style in ''two page (cover)''. Obvioulsy, it is there as an option, (you just have to set a preference) and Acrobat is more of a book?app than a slideshow app.

If I combine the spreads into single pages, it would completely distroy the pagination.

I basically want my pdf to override ALL the preferences in Reader. That is really my question, maybe I should repost it that way?

If I combine the spreads into single pages, it would completely distroy the pagination.

PS:

''Full screen mode is primarily intended for presentations - as a Powerpoint slide alias, so it would make no sence to show a spread, cause you would want to show a slide.'''

I ment in Acrobat sense - not a personal point of view.

Torben.

Is there any way to do this using a script? Since I'm developing a form in LiveCycle 8.0 when I open my document in Acrobat Pro the Initial View options are disabled. Can I introduce any XML or JavaScript in LC in order to force the Viewer to for example open the bookmarks by default?

No comments:

Post a Comment