Sunday, April 4, 2010

Retrieving submitted Form data from...

I am facing some problems with retrieving / colelcting submitted form data thru Acrobat.com. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have a Form with a SUBMIT button with 4 actions defined.
Action 1: SAVE the Form (Execute Menu %26gt;%26gt; Save As)
Action 2 PRINT the Form (Execute Menu %26gt;%26gt; Print)
Action 3 Send the Form (Submit Form to URL= mailto:admin@sathyasaicenters.org [my adobe id associated with my acrobat.com premium subscri
ption])
Action 4 Run javascript [to post the data to PayPal website]

All these Actions ARE working now.... Especially, 1, 2, and 4 (SAVE, PRINT, and PAYPAL] are working well consistently. But Step 3 [Send Form] is working a bit inconsistently.

Here is what happening. When a user submits this Form, in in Action 3 above, the data is sent silently in FDF format to my acrobat.com account where it is stored [probably]. When I open the ''myform_Responses.pdf'' file on my computer with Adobe Pro 9 [this response.pdf file was created by Adobe Pro 9 at the time of ''distributing'' the form], I do see the data submitted by the user. so far so good

The Problem is, out of 10 users, I only got 2 responses accumulated and available to me on my desktop in myform_responses.pdf portfolio. When I click Tracker on my system tray, it tries to download responses from the server (acrobat.com) but is says there are no responses to downlaod.

6. But I do have emails from PayPal about their payments (I see all 10 of them). Without executing Action 3, the last step (Action 4) will not be executed (under Form Submit buttin Actions). So, though the user is ''Sending'' the Form data, I am not 'getting' that response record added
to my ''responses.pdf'' file.

This is the main problem I need help with

The other issue is... I was expecting the form results to be 'stored and available' to view and download on the Acrobat.com' server even if I am not at my desktop and click on ''Tracker'' icon. If I am outside my home or office, at another location, how do I look at the responses submitted (when I don't have access tp the ''responses.pdf'' file on another computer)? Based on the documentation, I thought I would be able to ''login'' to acrobat.com and see all responses submitted by users there. But it doesn't seem to work that way.

Is there a way to receive an email attachment of Form data submitted by the user (in FDF or PDF format) to my email address associat
ed with my acrobat.com account IN ADDITION to getting stored on the server [because sever storage and retrieval seems to be not working consistently]

Any help is greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment