Sunday, April 4, 2010

Object Stacking Order in Acrobat 8

I don't know if this is some sort of bug or if I'm just really stupid, but I was working on adding alt text to some figures in my Acrobat document and I saved and closed it. When I reopened it, it had changed the stacking order of some of my objects.. for example I have some logos that appear above a semi-transparent oval and after opening the file again it's now sitting behind the oval. I've searched through ever ******* control bar and what not I can find on Acrobat but I can't find anything like ''move backwards'' or ''move forwards'' like there is in InDesign and Illustrator.

What on earth is going on?

Object Stacking Order in Acrobat 8

HA! I thought I was being smart and opening the PDF in Illustrator so that I could move the layers back... of course then I lost my reading order and my alt tags bringing me back to square one.

WTF? This really shouldn't be this complicated.

Object Stacking Order in Acrobat 8

What version of Acrobat 8? I believe there was some bug in version 8 similar to what you mention. I don't recall if it was fixed in 8. Make sure you have the latest updates to version 8.

I'm running 8.1.6, which I think was the final version of 8 (at least according to Adobe Update).

No comments:

Post a Comment