Sunday, April 4, 2010

Quiz Review & Text Entry box issues

Hello and thank you for your help in advance.

Problem #1 Text Entry boxes. I am having a real hard time setting the text entry boxes so that the users may type answers into them. I have set the text entry boxes to ''active'' and have even increased the length of the slide to give them time to type in their answers, but when I publish the project I am unable to type anything into the text entry box field. Right now I have set the slides with text entry boxes to 5 secs so the user can just wait until the end of the slide to type in their answers. What am I doing wrong?

The second issue I am having is with Quiz Review. After failing the quiz, the user is allowed to review the quiz, but cannot retake the test once the quiz is reviewed.

I am really stumped on these and I need to finish this project ASAP. Any help would be much appreciated.

Quiz Review %26 Text Entry box issues

Hi,

Issue 1: I am not sure if I understood the problem correctly. ''when I publish the project I am unable to type anything into the text entry box field''- Can you please elaborate on this? There must not be any problems with you entering text into the TEB field as the TEB pauses the movie to accept text from you.

Issue 2: To enable retaking the quiz,

?Go to Edit %26gt;%26gt; Preferences %26gt;%26gt; Quiz %26gt;%26gt; Pass or Fail. Under 'If failing grade', choose the number of attempts you want to give the test-taker. You can also set the number of attempts to 'infinite'. You can also add a 'retake button' to your result page.

Thanks,

Thejas

Quiz Review %26 Text Entry box issues

Issue #1 - What happens is that the text entry box freezes and the user is unable to type anything into it until the end of the slide.

Issue #2 - I have put a ''Retake Quiz'' button at the end of the quiz should the user fail, but I have also put a ''Review Quiz'' button at the end as well. If the user reviews the quiz to see what answers they got right/wrong, Captivate will not allow the user to retake the quiz.

For issue #1 A. try moving the TEB to the top of the stack in the timeline, some other interactive element may be interfering with it. (I've had that issue myself.)

B. If that does not work, open a 2nd instance of Captivate and copy/paste (NOT import) the slides into the new show. (I've seen this fix some strange problems, too.)

I'm not sure what to say about issue #2 I have not done any quizzes.

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment