Friday, April 2, 2010

PSE 6.0 for Mac

I'm using an iMac with Mac OS X 10.5.8.?According to Adobe's website, PSE 6.0 for Mac is good for OS X 10.4.8 to 10.5.2.?My question is:?Will this work for OS X 10.5.8??Thanks for your help.

PSE 6.0 for Mac

Yes.

PSE 6.0 for Mac

Thank you!?I assumed it would work, but you know what happens sometimes when one assumes ( ) .

I wonder why Adobe doesn't update the version to 10.5.8 on their website (system requirements for PSE 6.0 for Mac)??Or they could say that it's good for 10.5.x ?

Also, I have a copy of PSE 3.0 for Mac that came with my Epson Scanner.?Do you happen to know if that would work with MAC OS X 10.5.8??I did a search on the web, and it looked like it worked for some users, but not for others.?I guess the safest thing would be to go ahead and get the latest version (6.0).

Adobe never bothers to update the requirements after a version is released. OS X was at 10.5.2 when PSE 6 came out, so閳?/p>

PSE 3 should work. However, if you have an Epson scanner it is risky to install it. The Adobe TWAIN driver makes lots of trouble in earlier versions of Elements in leopard. If it acts up, the official cure is to pitch it, but then some Epson scanners (the only company that makes scanners?that actually use it rather than having their own twain drivers in leopard) won't work without it.

Thanks again for your help.?I've already installed the driver for my Epson Perfection v500 Scanner, and the scanner seems to work well.?I decided to go ahead and purchase PSE?6.0 for Mac as opposed to using 3.0.?Don't want to mess anything up ....

Actually I have PSE 2.0 on my old eMac, and I like it.?I just hope 6.0 is not that much different (learning curve ... )

No comments:

Post a Comment